tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 25 19:26:44 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for January 25, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

I was offlined yesterday so this post is a little delayed.  Here is my
translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for January 25, 2007][1].
Corrections and advises are welcome.

        nov: {tayqeq 'Itlh vIgemmeH yuQ Hopvo' qaghoS, 'ach naDev Qoy
              pagh.} (1)
      alien: "I came from a distant planet to bring you advanced
              technology, but no one here will listen!"

        nov: {SuQIpqu'.  mut nIv jIH.  Doch qaja'bogh yIQoy 'ej
              yIruch.} (2)
      alien: "I am a superior being, you moron!  Listen to what I tell
              you and then do it!"

        pIn: {<Linux> muja' 'e' taghpa' vIwoD.} (3)
       Boss: "I fired him before he started yammering about Linux."

     qatbot: {ngaj Qapla' ngeD.} (4)
    Catbert: "Easy come, easy go."

{woD} "throw away" is the closest word I can find for firing somebody.
And there is no word "easily" in Klingon so I have to rephrase the
last sentence.

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070125.html

pm5

Back to archive top level