tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 12 18:01:34 2007

Re: Changing The Language By Inference (was Re: Purpose Clauses)

In a message dated 1/12/2007 6:42:54 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> In my lifetime English vocabulary has grown in leaps and bounds, and there
> was no one person creating each addition. And so, once again, I bring up an
> old long debated question.  Does  Klingon vocabulary & language grow or does
> it stagnate when Dr. Okrand no longer has a desire to bother with it or, God
> forbid, dies?
> If it is allowed to grow after that time, why can the KLI not consider
> rethinking it's policy in the interim?
> Please keep in mind I am not trying to start a war here. I'm simply putting
> out what I think is a legitimate query.
> vIghro'

I asked this same question a few years ago.  The consensus seems to be that
our language cake doesn't need new words, and that any new words we may get are
just icing.  (Would that we had already passed the Singularity, so we could
simply upload Okrand's mind so that he would always be available.)

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level