tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 29 15:30:57 2007

Re: Klingon Admitted to the ER

jIja'pu':

> ja' Andrey Kuznetsov:
>
>> ER had an episode this Thursday S13E20, where they admitted a
>> Klingon.
>
> jatlh'a' ghaH?  tlhIngan Hol Qoylu''a'?  yajlaH'a' vay'?
> mutHey vISaHbe'.  Hol vIbuS.

ja' Andrey Kuznetsov:
> Yes,  uhmmm, I am not fluent in Klingon :)

qay'be'.  mayajchuqmeH pupnISbe' laHlIj.  mu'ghom Dalo'chugh
mu'meywIj DamughlaH.  chIch mach mu'tlheghmeywIj.  tlhIngan Hol'e'
buS ghomvam 'e' yIqaw.  potlhbe' tlhIngan jech neH.

That's okay.  You don't need to be fluent in order to get the gist of
what I said.  The words are in the dictionary and I intentionally
kept the sentences short and simple.

Keep in mind that the tlhIngan-Hol discussion group was set up to
facilitate discussion -- and use -- of the Klingon *language*.
Sightings of Klingon costumes aren't part of its charter unless
they're reported in Klingon.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level