tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 09 10:40:57 2007

Re: Psalm 23

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> > You used {nIn} "fuel" for oil because that's the closest we have,
> > right?  WRT fuel oil, I have *nIn chIS and *nIn wov suggested for
> > "gasoline, kerosene, petrol" and *{nIn Hurgh} and *{nIn qIj} for "oil,
> > petroleum" - none of which are used in churches for anointing the faithful
> > I'd imagine. <g>

lay'tel SIvten:
>tlhagh taS lo'lu''a'?

No, but apparently {tlhagh} can refer to either the solid or liquid form:

   If heat is used as part of food preparation, the cook is most likely to
   {mIQ} (deep-fry) the food. This involves first acquiring {tlhagh} (animal
   fat) from any available source and then heating it up so that it boils
   (the general word for "boil" is {pub}, but the verb used specifically to
   refer to the boiling of fat is {'Im} ["render"]).  After it has been
   boiling for a while, the food to be fried is tossed in (sometimes having
   been coated in some kind of paste), and it stays there until it has soaked
   up as much of the {tlhagh} (fat) as possible.  A particularly popular dish,
   {tlhombuS}, requires that the cook coat a block of {tlhagh} with a mixture
   of {ngat} (herbed granulated cartilage) and {tIr} (grain) and then briefly
   immerse the block into the already boiling fat, just until the coating
   hardens.  (KGT 93)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons