tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 14:38:36 2006

Re: Any new vocab from the qep'a'?

McArdle ([email protected])

Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

  >ghel SuSvaj:
>>On behalf of those of us who do not have HolQeD subscriptions (and are
>>despairing of ever being able to get them) could anyone tell us if Marc
>>Okrand graced us with new vocab words?
>
>The only thing I have is your own note to me when I asked that question
>back in July:
>
>[Okrand] canonized the word {yan} from Yan Isleth "Brotherhood of
>the Sword" (SuSvaj at qep'a' 2006; cf. DS9 "Apocalypse Rising")

  {yan} appears in KGT, as "sword" and "use or manipulate a sword".  Is this different in some way?

  I assume that Isleth means "brotherhood".  I haven't found this anywhere and it's not a Klingon spelling, so I assume it's a Federation Standard transcription.  Does a canonical Klingon version exist?

  qavan

  mIq'ey

Sponsored Link