tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 04 04:12:47 2006

Re: Hamlet

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:  ja' Voragh:

> Andrey:
>> Huh? The Klingon Language Institute is licensed by Paramount. What
>> does that mean?
>
> I'm not sure of the details (ask Lawrence), but I imagine that it's
> official permission to publish and sell Star Trek related items.

One of the details is apparently that the details are not to be made
public. :-/

I do know that the KLI's mission of study and use and promotion of
the Klingon language is explicitly approved, including the production
(and sale) of material written in Klingon. The sale of non-
educational and non-literary material is not explicitly approved (the
corporate lawyers objected to the Hamlet {taH pagh taHbe'} t-shirt
from qep'a' wejDIch being made available for purchase).

-- ghunchu'wI'

Aye, and i'd say the KLI would be in danger if we tick of paramount too much. To me, copywriting klingon is like copywriting C++ or visual basic code.... You can't copywrite C++ or visual basic code, but why can you copywrite klingon?