tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 04 00:17:25 2006

Re: Pronunciation

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>If a bunch of you have mics, i'd rather try it with some one over
>teamspeak (due to clear voice chats) over the aol voice chat.

I don't use AOL, so I don't know how much use I could be.

Nevertheless, what I do have is a few decent recordings of my own speech
that I made a little while ago. I made these recordings for an article I'd
intended to write for HolQeD comparing the pronunciations of speakers of
Klingon. I have the full transcriptions of these sentences, and they're
pretty close to the way I'd pronounce Klingon in a practical situation. I
don't want to hold myself up as a model speaker, but from those files you
can at least begin to get an idea of what spoken Klingon can sound like. If
you'd like me to send you those, you're more than welcome to them.

By the way: if anyone who considers themselves reasonably competent in
Klingon (you don't have to be fluent) is willing to make some recordings of
their Klingon pronunciation to contribute to the abovementioned HolQeD
article, I would be very glad to hear from you. I have two people other than
myself (those two know who they are), but more would be great.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level