tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 24 04:39:10 2006

Please, do NOT quote the entire thread!

christoph.pichlmann ([email protected])

When replying to a mail, it is NOT necessary to quote the entire
discussion, with all seven replies and such.

I'm sure most of you don't notice, but when you're reading the "digest"
version, you spend more time scrolling than reading.
Also, it gets confusing after a while, because of the irregular
switches from quote to answer to quote. Sometimes the quotes aren't
even indicated(should have been done by the senders mail program),
making them look like answers, not quotes.

When you reply to something - PLEASE only cite what you are
referencing. There is no need to quote five pages of text just to say
"Yeah, right.".

Christoph

P.S: Sorry if I sound a bit agressive - I've just tried to read up 7
digest mails and most were about two meters in length, yet had no more
text than probably two A4 pages...

Back to archive top level