tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 30 16:25:20 2006

Re: KLBC

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- Shane MiQogh <[email protected]> wrote:

> I thought this might be answered in some deep corner
> of TKD, but i don't see it.

Not everything we accept as standard is spelled out
there.  You might check the KLI FAQ or my Grammar
Addendum at my website.

>Multiple adverbs and
> adjatives... How does one have them, or do they not
> have them?

Multiple adverbs are simple: you just use as many
adverbs as you need at the head of your phrase.
Sometimes the adverbs augment each other, as in
{DaHjaj po jIvum} 'I get up this morning' (literally
'today in the morning'.  Sometimes they each supply
their own information: {naDev tugh Sop HoD} 'The
Captain will be eating here soon.'

For adjectives, we have several options.  We have
canon examples for two versions: {HoSbogh 'ej
tInbogh SuvwI'} 'The big and strong warrior', and
HoSbogh SuvwI' 'ej tInbogh}.  Many of us think
another option is allowed: {HoSbogh SuvwI' tIn}.
The one thing you can't do is just have them
both follow the noun: *{SuvwI' HoS tIn}.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level