tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 30 14:05:55 2006

RE: HuchvaD <Japanese> Hol mughtaH 'Iv?

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> HuchvaD <Japanese> Hol mughtaH 'Iv? 'e' muja'ta' vay'. 'oH
> 'Iv? De'Daj vIchIlpu'.
>
>   (Who translates japanese for a living? Some one said they
> do that. who is it? I misplaced his information(email).)

-vaD - "For" The person or thing that is benefiting/receiving from the
results of the action.
Money is not benefiting from the translation work.

-meH - "For (the purpose of)"

Huch bajmeH - for the purpose of earning money.

'e' muja'ta' vay' - 'e' refers to the previous sentence.  Not necessarily
grammatical, but the closest I get out of that is **"Someone had said that
question".
Since you are asking "who?" in the next sentence, you should make that first
one a statement.
Huch bajmeH Japanese Hol mughtaH vay'; 'e' muja' vay'.
Also, a type seven suffix cannot go on the second verb in a SAO/'e'
construction.

'oH 'Iv? - Who is IT?
or do you want to say:
ghaH 'Iv? - Who is HE/SHE?

>   I know this is off topic, that's why i put it in klingon.

If it is USING the klingon language, the topic doesn't matter.

DloraH

Back to archive top level