tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 24 17:34:35 2006

tlhIngan Hol lo'bogh quwargh

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

qen jIpo'meH quwargh vIlo'qa'. tlhIngan Hol lo'law' 'e' vItu'. mu'tlheghmey
ngeb/ru' lInglaH {jatwI'} patDaj. mu'mey lIngmeH quwargh {jatwI'}, 4 Hol
mu'tay' lo'beHlaH 'oH: DIvI' Hol, tulwI' Hol, Latin, tlhIngan Hol je. DIvI'
Hol pab pabtaH 'oH, 'a tlhIngan Hol mu'tay' lo'laHmo', loQ mumer.

Recently I was refreshing my ability with Quark Xpress (a desktop
publishing program), and noticed that it uses Klingon: One of its features
is called "Jabber", where it generates random filler text. This feature can
use various lists of text, and the jabberable languages that are included
with the program are English, Esperanto, Latin, and Klingon. The generated
Klingon unfortunately follows English grammar (e.g., it adds "s" and "ed"
to verbs), but otherwise uses Klingon vocabulary.

-taD

Back to archive top level