tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 17 15:19:37 2006

Re: no' Hol: pung ghap HoS

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>I ment as a literal translation.

No, you meant the metaphorical translation. The literal translation is "your
glass contains water", which clearly makes no sense under the circumstances.

>"You were fooled" would make more sence for that phrase than
>"You are wrong."

qatlh? bImujqu'law'. DulughmoH ghunchu'wI' 'e' nID neH. bIja'pu': "ja' vay'
<{muSbe'} 'oSlaH {muSHa'}> 'ej Dujang ghunchu'wI'. ja': <bIQ ngaS HIvje'lIj.
  qechvetlh 'oS {muSbe'}'e'.> qay' nuq? Duja''a' vay' <raplaH {muSbe'}
{muSHa'} je>? ja' naDev nuv 'e' vIHon 'ej vIqawbe'.
Why? You *were* wrong; ghunchu'wI' was merely pointing this out. You said
"As some one has said, {muSHa'} may be interpreted as not hating or caring
at all..." and ghunchu'wI' responded with "You are wrong. <muSbe'>
represents this idea." I don't see where the problem is. Unless someone
actually told you that {muSHa'} could be synonymous with {muSbe'}; and I
doubt, and also don't remember, anyone on the list saying that.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level