tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 14:19:38 2006

Re: Klingon WOTD: peD (verb)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Wednesday, April 12, 2006.
>
>Klingon word:   peD
>Part of Speech: verb
>Definition:     snow

Never used in canon, though it presumably works like the other weather
verbs {SIS} "rain" and {jev} "storm":

   It rained a few times during the weekend, so we were put into
   the situation to discuss it. {SIS. SISqu'. SIStaH. SISchoH.}
   All correct. {SISlu'}, although grammatically correct, he didn't
   particularly like... You can also give it an object and say
   things like the clouds rained down cats and dogs... But when
   Marc and I went outside and drops of water were falling on us,
   he looked up and simply said "{SIS}".
   [DloraH, personal conversation with MO (5/98)]

Related verbs:  {taD} "be frozen", {tet} "melt"

Related nouns:  {chuch} "ice"

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons