tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 11 14:09:26 2006

RE: [KLBC] RE: *be'nI'nal

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

jIghItlhpu', jIja':
>Because you're talking about two people: {be'nal} "the wife" and {SuvwI'}
>"the warrior". The conjunction {je} makes the two nouns behave as one
>large noun phrase.

mujang DloraH, ja':
>Actually... we don't know if there are ONLY TWO people.  Because plural
>suffixes are optional, either or both /be'nal/ and /SuvwI'/ can be plural.
>This could be "wives and warriors".  Context would tell.

For my previous message, change "two people" to "at least two people". {{:P
bIlughchu'.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Read, write and reply to Hotmail on your mobile. Find out more.
http://mobilecentral.ninemsn.com.au/mcmobileHotmail/home.aspx

Back to archive top level