tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 09 04:21:29 2006

Re: [KLBC] RE: *be'nI'nal

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="Thorwald Peeters">

>> DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:  > How would ya'll interpret the word
>> {be'nI'nal}?

> So we've ascertained it's not to be used unless in jest.
> But the question that remains is: how *do* you say "sister-in-law"

>  be'nal lodnI'wI'?

As a sidenote, I've noticed that "he/she/it" and "they" don't have a
possessive suffix for beings capable of speech. Does this mean they can't
"possess" such beings?

Or is this the same as with the verb prefixes?
{SuvwI' HoH} "the warrior kills" ->
{be'nal suvwI' HoH} "the warrior's wife kills"?

Thorwald Peeters
a.k.a. qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, q'meQ tuq
a.k.a. SoplaHtaHwI'
yuch betleH 'obe' la'quv