tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 02 17:26:36 2006

Re: more Okuda pIqaD?

In a message dated 4/2/2006 5:12:16 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> For the show, spock is what non vulcans call him... I forget what it is,
> but it's really long with no vowels.  Thus in the TOS episode he does state
> that his name is "unpronouncable" by humans.
>
>   Just looked it up: Xtmprszntwlfd

No *written* vowels.  And "unpronounceable by humans" doesn't mean it has no
vowels.  But you have a good point.  I don't think any of the Vulcan languages
take his name into account.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level