tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 25 16:36:09 2005

Re: Klingon WOTD: lo'laH (verb)

QeS la' ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh, ja':
>   vIlo'laHbe'
>   They are useless to me. I cannot use them. TKD

I suspect this is more likely to be the verb {lo'} plus the suffix {-laH},
to be translated literally ("I cannot use it"), since Okrand's gloss and
explanation of {lo'laH} seem to indicate that {lo'laH} is intransitive (and
perhaps even stative: ?{jIH lo'laH law' SoH lo'laH puS} "I am worth more
than you; I am more valuable than you").

Savan,

QeS la'
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

View 1000s of pictures, profiles and more now at Lavalife
http://lavalife.com.au

Back to archive top level