tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 03 00:49:24 2005

Re: Klingon WOTD: noH (verb)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

ghItlh lay'tel SIvten:

> I could find only one instance of this verb in use:
>
> chorghSaD qelI'qam HIvchuq 'e' vInoH.
> Vixis: Estimating attack range in 8,000 kellicams.
> [discussed in HQ v8n4p12 (referring to ST5: Scene 122)]

Okay, this is "discussed", but is it canon?
It does not follow grammar [but maybe that's what was discussed there? I
don't have my HolQeD by hand]

It says literally "I estimate that 8,000 kellicams"
What I mean is that (TKD): "Klingon has two special pronouns, {'e'} and
{net,} which refer to the previous sentence as a whole."

{chorghSaD qelI'qam HIvchuq} is not a sentence, but a noun.

Quvar.