tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 02 03:23:34 2005

Re: [qepHom] Klingon WOTD: noH (verb)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

oops! baQa' jay'!

I intended to send this only to the german list, and I only noticed it after
I sent it that I sent it to all kwotd receiving lists :-\

SaH 'Iv? DaH jImughnISba':

> Klingon word:   noH
> Part of Speech: verb
> Definition:     judge, estimate
> Source: TKD (97 KE, 131 EK, 139 EK)
>
> Synonyms: veS

Thid is no synonym for the above, but for the following word:

> Homonyms:
> 	noH (noun) - war (an individual war)

Just to make clear:
{veS} is "war" in general, as one says "Make love, not war", or "war is
obsolete" (ST:VI)

{noH} is a "specific war", as one says "we are against the gulf-war", or
"How long did world war 2 last?"

greetings,
 Quvar.

PS visit http://www.qepHom.de