tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 22 16:56:30 2005

RE: Subtle shadings of "then": Okrand's error ?

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

> Next: DloraH is also right on target with {Ray Charles'e' qonta'}. I'd
> intended to say something like "It was Ray Charles who composed them". That
> being said, couldn't {-'e'} also be used to *change* the focus of the
> discussion (that is, mark a new topic), rather than just emphasise whatever
> the topic is at the moment? Or is that stretching it?

The first thing that came to mind for setting a focus like that was:
qonwI''e', qonta' Ray Charles.
"As for the composer, it was composed by Ray Charles."

DloraH

Back to archive top level