tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 01 00:20:10 2005

Re: [discuss] Re: Klingon for OpenOffice.org is now abandoned

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Friday 29 April 2005 22:43, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> Hi Christian,
> I will take it. :)
> After OpenOffice.org Aynu localization completed, I will start
> OpenOffice.org Klingon localization.  Do not warry.  One of Aynu
> localization team members is a Klingonist, a member of the
> Klingon Language Institute:
> /
> And he has his own Klingon Introduction page:
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/5456/

Hi Hirano,

this is great!  You should know that Gerry Singleton had gone quite
far in setting up a website, and he has said that he might be able
to resurrect some data, if someone can figure out how to do it.

Also, Regina Reusser has expressed some interest on the Klingon list
([email protected]) in participating in some level as a
Klingonist, so she might be able to support you a bit.  Perhaps you
might be interested in putting your KLI Klingonist friend in touch
with her, in case he is not reading the KLI list.

BTW, one of the Klingonists disagreed with a statement that I made,
and so I am going to post it to this thread in the interest of
continuity:

> [email protected] writes:
> > that Klingon is regarded
> > by Klingonists as being difficult to learn;
>
> My general impression is just the opposite; most people who know
> the language regard it as *much* simpler than natural Terran
> languages.
>
> lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level