tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 14 04:00:31 2005

Klingon WOTD: mum (verb)

speersd ([email protected])

This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Monday, March 14, 2005.

Category: Food

Klingon word:   mum
Part of Speech: verb
Definition:     taste, sense flavors
Source: KGT (220 KE, 256 EK, 260 EK)
Swedish: smaka, känna smak

Additional Notes:
KGT p. 86.  The verb {mum} ("taste") means "sense flavors."  To say {Soj vImum} ("I taste the food") is to say "I perceive a flavor or flavors," not "I try out the food to see if it is prepared properly."  This latter meaning of "taste" is expressed by the verb {waH}, which can also be used more generally to mean "try out, test, use experimentally."

The Klingon Word Of The Day is brought to you by Holtej ([email protected]).  Please contact me with additions, corrections or comments.

--Holtej 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ
http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm

Back to archive top level