tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 05 22:53:50 2005

Re: More on Ray Charles

QeS lagh ([email protected])

jIQagh:
>*{'e' Hoch ram vInajtaH} is ungrammatical; {'e' Hoch ram vInaj} is the
>correct way of saying this.

jang lay'tel SIvten:
>Perhaps without the {-taH} it is more sensible, but does the clash between
>adverbial and verb suffix make the sentence ungrammatical?  My objection is
>to the adverbial {Hoch ram} after the object {'e'}.  I would say {Hoch ram
>'e' vInaj}.

Yes, I should have said that too. :S The time stamp comes at the start of a
sentence.

Savan,

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level