tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 04 18:32:12 2005

Re: More on Ray Charles

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
ja' QeS lagh:
>I must admit, if you'll excuse the pun, I hadn't considered {qel} at all:
>{ram jInajtaHvIS Duqel najtaHghachwIj 'e' DaSovbe'} "you don't know that
>while I dream at night, my dreaming considers you" may be possible if an act
>of dreaming can {qel} something, which I'm still trying to work out.

QaQ law' QaQ puS 'e' vIchup.

Hoch ram jInajtaHvIS qabuS 'e' DaSovbe'

-- ghunchu'wI'

Now you guys have gotten me thinking... (and that makes my head hurt!)

I like this one... Hoch ram jInajtaHvIS qabuS 'e' DaSovbe'

"You don't know that I think about only you when I am dreaming each night." Seems to be as near verbatim as we can get... but how about this (requires a little interpretation of the subject matter of the dreams)

 matay' 'e' Hoch ram vInajtaH 'e' DaSovbe'

"You don't know that I dream each night that we are together."

Well? whattaya think? Does that work?

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Discover Yahoo!