tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 29 13:35:38 2005

Re: new word #2

teresh000 ([email protected])

Are these the {malth jup mu'} for this year, or can we expect
some more new words later?

-- ter'eS

-----Original Message-----
From: Tad Stauffer <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:40:35 -0400
Subject: new word #2

qep'a'vo' cheghpu' Hoch 'e' vItul.

It seems unfair for me to be the one to reveal all of the new words from
the qep'a', but I don't want to keep the qep'a' jeSbe'wI'pu' in the dark
for too long. If anyone else wants to tell about the third word we received
(or add details about the others that I may have missed), please do so.

This word was given towards the end of the Hokey Pokey. Since we had been
given {Sa'Hut} at a previous qep'a' Hokey Pokey, it wasn't a jaw-dropping
surprise, 'ach jIbepbe' jIH. I didn't have the word written on a card in
front of me, but from what I heard, the new word is the noun {lev}, meaning
"roof of mouth" or "hard pallete". Note that this appears to be a homonym
of the verb {lev} meaning "move betleH from vertical to horizontal
orientation".

Stay tuned for the third and final new word: It's a verb!

- taD

Back to archive top level