tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 18 16:55:04 2005

Re: bIQ'a' wIghoSchugh...

In a message dated 7/18/2005 11:22:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> The object of {moj} always seems to be a simple noun or noun phrase, not a
> place stamp (i.e. noun + locative suffix).  Thus your sentence would be
> understood as:
>
>    "In the water, the body becomes (it/him/her)."
>
> Which is grammatical, but doesn't make any sense.  (Yes, nonsense can be
> grammatical!)  What were you trying to say?

This is why I finally rejected it myself.  I wanted to say "The body becomes
in the water", meaning that it wasn't in the water before, but then it is.
But using {moj} doesn't seem to be a good way to say that.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level