tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 23 02:59:42 2005

Klingon articles in Spanish

Nicolau Rodrigues ([email protected])

Hi, there!

Although I'm not an active member of this list I should say that I read
every day the messages you all post, so I might say I know you all.   :)

For those of you who may be interested (and are able to read Spanish) here
you have two links to two articles I wrote for an electronic fanzine
(http://hiperespacio.dreamers.com).

   Lingüística klingon: Opacidad y Transparencia
   http://hiperespacio.dreamers.com/Artics/klingon/klingon.htm

This article talks about a very simple linguistic fact that tend to be
undervalued: a language may show a meaning with a suffix or construction
while in other language that meaning is understood by context. In this case,
I regard plurality.

   Klingon caribeño, ¿Quién dijo que la filología no puede ser divertida?
   http://hiperespacio.dreamers.com/Artics/klingoncaribe/klingoncaribe.htm

Trying to show that Klingon language may be funny too, here I talk about
etimology, word plays, and a Caribbean tale (from an OVS language) whose
characters use the verb {paw'}.   ;-)

Actually, since I'm a member of the KLI, I would have added these links to
KLI Wiki, but I cannot login and Mark (Shoulson) has not answered to my
questions yet. I would be grateful if any of you did it.

--Nicolau   ////   ghaHbe'wI'

Back to archive top level