tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 19 05:20:50 2005

Re: SoQ'a'! ('ach SoQHom? 'e' tInoH!)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> 1) The word Enterprise CANNOT be trademarked - it's be around longer

jIQochbe'.

> 2) There is a portion of copyright law that specifically addresses parody

bIlugh.

> 3) Critics - because of the nature of their job are included in Fair Use

lughtaH.

> 4) Klingon is a registered Trademark of Paramount Pictures and as such
> they can go after any one using the word.

ngoDvetlh vIDelchu'pu'.

> 5) As for the language I'm not sure who holds the copyright or trademark
> of that, but as it is a created language - it is possible that it is
> protected by copyright laws.

There lies the problem of this discussion. Is it or not copyrighted?

'ach DaH naDev qay'bogh qechvam vIqel vIneHbe'. De'na' qar Sovlu'pa' 'oH
qelnISlu'be'. chut paQDI'norgh ghojchu'taH jupwI'. vay' SovchoHchugh vaj
tlhIHvaD 'oH vI'ang.

Quvar.

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Back to archive top level