tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 28 22:44:11 2005

Re: Hi! I have a poster at my Klingon message board, who wants to know....

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Kalaa HoD, ja':
>I don't read piQad (sp?)

pIqaD

I think I recall hearing something about that banner, but can't for the life
of me remember which episode (or even what the banner was supposed to have
said - only that a character on the show, perhaps Quark, actually gave the
translation of what the banner was supposed to say).

But even if you did read pIqaD, it'd be pretty pointless trying to read
anything seen on the shows, since Mike Okuda has gone on record as saying
that the Klingon texts composed for the shows are solely for visual effect,
and don't actually mean anything (either in Klingon or in English).

Savan,

QeS la'
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level