tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 17 04:00:51 2005

Klingon WOTD: qa'rI' (noun)

speersd ([email protected])

This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Sunday, April 17, 2005.

Category: General

Klingon word:   qa'rI'
Part of Speech: noun
Definition:     end of a space
Source: HQ (12:2 p7)
Swedish:

Additional Notes:
HolQeD 12:2, p. 7, "Maltz's Reward: Part I."  For the end of a longish enclosed space that one is typically inside of or experiences from the inside, such as a corridor, tunnel, or conduit (say, a Jeffries tube or a branch of the sewers of Paris), a different word is used: {qa'rI'}.  This is the only word; it's used for both (or all) ends.  The open entryway leading into such a space is called a {DIn}.  If there's a door there, it's referred to by the usual word for door, {lojmIt}.

The Klingon Word Of The Day is brought to you by Holtej ([email protected]).  Please contact me with additions, corrections or comments.

--Holtej 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ
http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm

Back to archive top level