tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 12 16:19:32 2005

Re: Imperial?

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "naHQun" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:37 PM
Subject: Imperial?

> just a couple of questions:
>
> Do we have a way to say "I.K.S." (imperial klingon ship),
> or "I.I." (imperial inteligence)?
> I couldn't find a word for "imperial".

You could do this as a genitive construction with the noun {wo'} "Empire"

Another, "stretchy" approach for I.I., is to do something like {chamwI'}
"Technician", and add {-wI'} to {lInDab}: {wo' lInDabwI'pu'} "Empire's
Espionage people", but to say that this isn't canon is putting rather
mildly. I believe you'd be understood, but linguistically, it's shaky.

> Also, assuming we did have a word for "imperial", has anyone
> ever abreviated like that in tlhIngan Hol before?
> Would {tlhHy} for [KLI] be recognizable?

I believe Quvar once posted a message with something like {qtv} for
{qaStaHvIS}, and I got it right away, but {tlhHy} strikes me as a typo for
{tlhoy} "Overly, too much".

'ach vuDwIj neH 'oH. }}: )

--ngabwI'
jatlh Huch, 'ach bom yuch!