tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 23 15:42:54 2004

Re: meQ (was Re: suggestions please)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh:

>That's the noun.  {laQ} "fire (ignite?)" and {meQ} "burn (be burnt/on
>fire?)" are verbs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't {meQ} been used in canon as a transitive
verb as well? I just ran a search of my canon database and couldn't find it,
but I seem to recall seeing {meQ} cited on this list at some point for "burn
(transitive), cause to burn".

Savan.

QeS lagh

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' qan je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

In the market for a car? Buy, sell or browse at CarPoint:
http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/b?cg=link&ci=ninemsn&tu=http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au?refid=hotmail_tagline

Back to archive top level