tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 20 05:04:29 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qI' (v)

In a message dated 2004-09-20 4:47:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> If it referred to only treaties, he would have said what I miswrote above -
> "sign a treaty".
>
> We must always remember that the words were made for the movies, where they
> sign treaties not emails.
> As long as we don't have another word, I will "misuse" this word to sign
> everything I like, because everyone will understand what I mean. (like Duj
> for car is even worse, but understandable)
>
> BTW, in German the word for "sign a treaty" is a different one than signing
> a letter or other documents.

wa' DoS wIqIp.  yajHa' nuvpu' vIneHbe' neH.  mab qI'DI' *Deutsch*ngan 'e'
DelmeH mu' lo'bogh yIngu'.  "unterschréiben" 'oH'a'?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level