tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 08 15:43:57 2004

Re: embedded clause as head of relative clause

cheesbro ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

>Hegh SuvwI'vetlh 'e' Dalegh. Hegh 'e' vISov jIH je.
>Is the following sentence allowed?
>Hegh SuvwI'vetlh 'e' Daleghbogh vISov.

I understand the sentence; I don't have a problem with it, but...
The first sentence seems more fitting to klingon style, where it is ok to
repeat parts; and the first also processes faster in the mind.  The second
would require reading it twice.
So before we even get into being legal or not, the first one is prefered.

DloraH

Back to archive top level