tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 02 15:32:35 2004

Re: Calling all microphone owners (again)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

QeS lagh wrote:

>Thanks to everyone for your responses and suggestions. I've now had five
>people respond in the positive, and some very helpful suggestions of other
>audio sources.

Did anyone mention the 1996 recording of "The Klingon Way" by Michael Dorn
("Worf") and Roxann Dawson ("B'Elanna")?  It's an 90 minute abridgement of
TKW, consisting chiefly of English commentary to selected Klingon sayings
which Dorn and Dawson read in Klingon.  I don't believe Okrand coached them
so their pronunciation isn't as good as his - IIRC Dawson's pronunciation
was better than Dorn's, which surprised me since he recorded
"Conversational Klingon" with Okrand - but if you're looking for samples of
"authentic" Klingon, this tape may be useful.

Here's the order information:

Star Trek--the Klingon Way.
ISBN 0671573802 ($12.00)
New York: Simon & Schuster Audio, 1996.

I don't know if it was ever re-issued in CD like CK and PK were.

I got my copy from the KLI.  If Lawrence doesn't have any more of these, he
may be able to point you in the right direction.

Qapla'!

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons