tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 13 00:33:31 2004

Re: Possible Pun?

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Qor'etlh:

>Could be reaching? The early Klingon explorers were very clever indeed, to
>have
>hidden these clues so well.

Seems like they spoke to some of our authors as well. {{:) Recently I
finished reading the novel "Dune", by Frank Herbert (a work which I think
would go well into Klingon), and in the appendix, came across the name of
the planet Chusuk. This is referred to in the book as the "Music Planet",
and the {chuS'ugh} is a type of Klingon musical instrument. Coincidence?
Perhaps. But you wanted to talk about reaching... {{:P

On a more serious note, [be] is the Classic Maya word for "road". So, it's
an interesting theory - you may have read my recent message in which I
noticed that "two" in Classic Maya is [cha'] - but probably a little bit far
out. (I like the way your mind thinks, though. Keep looking. {{:D)

Savan.

QeS lagh

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail

Back to archive top level