tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 05 04:19:55 2004

Re: Star Trek V & VI DVD extras

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

Se'noj:
>Personally, I thought he just growled a bit, then made a few barking noises
>to insult her.

In other words, he swore at her in Klingon. ;)

Do you have the DVD?  If you listen to it, he does start off
with what sounds like a drawn-out <Qu'vatlh>.  You may be
right about the consonant at the end, it could just be a
growling/barking type of sound, but it does sound like <tlhap>
to me.

Incidentally, I did a little digging and found this:
http://www.geocities.com/phineasbg/st5deleted.html

The deleted lines (Do'Ha', Klingon lines not given) according
to this page are slightly different from what I've transcribed
from the DVD, but the general flow of the scene is the same.
According to this, you're right, Koord was only supposed to
speak in English.  The actor may have been embellishing or
a change may have been made during shooting.

--
De'vID

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium