tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 22 04:52:18 2004

Re: mIvDaq yIH

In a message dated 2004-06-21 6:16:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> {mIvDaq yIH} (and {telDaq wovmoHwI'mey}) cannot be part of
> any sensible sentence and keep their unambiguous meaning:

QeS lagh,
How about when the phrase is the subject?  E.g., {Hoch Soj Sop mIvDaq yIH}
(The tribble in the helmet ate all the food) or {Duj leghlu'meH Qap telDaq
wovmoHwI'mey} (Wing lights function to make the ship visible).  I'm not saying
these are legitimate sentences; I don't think they are.  I'm just offering a case
where the locative noun can't be considered a sentence modifier due to its
location.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level