tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 19 18:07:05 2004

RE: moHaq nap, moHaq Qatlh ghap

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' jIqel ghojwI':

>When you add the suffix -wI' to a verb, it becomes a noun. (TKD 3.2.2,
>p. 20)  Verb prefixes may not be added to nouns.  I don't see how there
>can be an argument about this.

I can understand why the argument exists, even if I don't agree with it. The
idea is that the verb prefix is added to the verb *before* the {-wI'} suffix
is. Since verb prefixes are part of every bare verb, why wouldn't they be
part of a verb to which {-wI'} is added?

But as I said in a previous post: I, like you and most others on the list
AFAIK, don't find verb prefixes on {-wI'} nouns to be grammatical, and won't
until I see some canon that says otherwise.

Savan.

QeS lagh

Get a Virgin Credit Card and win an adventure:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;8661322;9498324;s?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/firstbirthday/track.cfm?source=N92

Back to archive top level