tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 08 08:29:07 2004

Re: taH (was Re: mu' lo' QaQ 'oSbogh mu'tlheghmey)

qurgh ([email protected])

> And that's the thing:  We just don't know how {taH} works.  There are no
> known examples of the word in canon; it's merely an entry in the TKD
> glossary.  Okrand has been asked about it, but he's never given an
> answer.  Many of us have puzzled over it, but there's no consensus.  For
> example, someone (not Okrand) at qep'a' loSDIch suggested it means "be
> tilted," but there's no indication of whether Okrand approved, or was even
> present, at the time.

At SerentiyCon a couple of years back I got to spend the day with Marc. During
his talk he had a Q and A session. No one was asking questions so I raised my
hand and asked, with a smile, "How can I be at a negative angle?". He replied,
after a chuckle and a quick gloss of {taH} that it was refering to a ship, in
space, that has rotated it's nose downwards. It was moving in a negative angle.
He went on to say that if it moved -90 degrees it would be pointing straight
down. I believe I asked him why the word existed (or he volunteered it) and it
had something to do with a line that was going to be spoken, but was dropped
later on. He didn't give the sentance though :(

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level