tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 07 07:52:00 2004

Re: ngoQ teblaH'a' vay'?

[email protected] wrote:
> >> Not too sure that a {ngoQ} can be {teb}'ed, though. I suggest {chav} "to
> >> achieve", but that is only my opinion.
> >
> > a goal can be filled... look at either football (soccer), American
> > Football or any other ball-orientated sport with a physical goal 8-)

lay'tel SIvten:
>teH, DIvI' Hol jatlhlu'DI', 'ach teH'a', tlhIngan Hol jatlhlu'DI'?

In Klingon, the noun {ngoQ} "goal, purpose" has been the object of the verb
{chav} "achieve, gain, attain":

   tlhIngan ngoQmey chavmeH HoH tlhInganpu'
   Klingons kill for their own purposes. TKW

   ngoQvam luchavmeH ghawran maghpu' be'nI'pu'.
   To this end, the sisters have acted against Gowron...  S26

and the verb {nob} "give":

   lenglIj lutebjaj lengwIjvaD bel rap, Sov [rap, ngoQ rap je] Danobpu'bogh
   May your journey be filled with the same joy, wisdom, and purpose you have
   given mine. (Frasier)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons