tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 22 13:53:00 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: tej (n)

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Tuesday, January 20, 2004.
>
>Klingon word:   tej
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     scientist

Never used in canon AFAIK, but it is very productive among
Klingonists.  The best known example is the person who manages these
Klingon WOTD posts, our very own *{Holtej} or "linguist".

What a {tej} does is called by the unrelated noun {QeD} "science".  {QeD}
is a bit more productive in canon; we know of {HolQeD} "linguistics",
{HuchQeD} "economics", {Hov leng QeD} "Treknology" (!) and the
just-revealed {porghQeD} "the scientific study of bodily functions" (anatomy?).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level