tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 13 17:07:26 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {yaH}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

jaj 13.01.2004 rep 21:26:00 ghItlh "qurgh lungqIj":

>> ghopwIjDaq Hivje' vIghaj
>
>*Beats Bill "veqlargh" Gates*
>
>Obviously that should be "HIvje'" even though Outlook disagrees!

lI'qu' pIqaD 'olwI', 'ach tlhIngan Hol lISlaHbe'bej 'oH.
A spell-checker is very useful, but it cannot adjust Klingon.

Many office programs have this option, which can be activated: Got to the Extra or Options  or
Settings panel of your Auto-Correction or automatic Spellcheck. I don't know exactly where it is,
but it should be found at 'general settings':
"REplace TYpos LIke THese" Deactivate it! yIchu'Ha'.
Also deactivate "Start every sentence with a capital"
And finally, although I haven't seen anyone struggle with that on this list, deactivate the automatic
replacement of "these quotemarks" into ,,this kind of quotemarks´´ - it makes you crazy while
typing Klingon.

And then, it should be no problem writing a Klingon text on your computer. ;-)
ghIq De'wI' lo'lu'DI' Qapbej tlhIngan Hol ghItlhchu'ghachlIj

[If that was not the problem *you* had, at least it could help some other lurkers]
loQ jIqeSlaw' neH QongDaqwIjDaq jIQongchoHpa' ;-)

good night.
Quvar.

Back to archive top level