tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 09 05:46:44 2004

Newcomer Question: Number-Forming Suffixes

Daniel Abraham ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Hello,

My name is Daniel, and I'm new to this list... Well, I've been lurking here
for some time, though this is the first time I'm posting something here.

Since it's such a time-honored tradition here to choose a Klingon nickname,
I'll go with {bIjaj}. Although written in Klingon, you'll notice it's not
really a Klingon word (my respect and friendship goes to all who can guess
the phonological reasoning behind it :)

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is this: as mentioned in the TKD, the number
suffixes {-SaD} and {-SanID} are used in roughly the same frequency.
However, I seem to remember a later resource saying something about young
Klingons preferring one of them over the over...? I assumed that such a
thing will be found in the KGT if at all, but I haven't been able to find
such a paragraph there.

Did I imagine this? Or does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
bIjaj

Back to archive top level