tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 21:53:57 2004

OpenOffice.org discussions

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Please bear with me a moment in an off-topic post, as the list owner's prerogative.

The rules for the {tlhIngan-Hol} mailing list permit messages of two types:

1. Written in English, about the Klingon language
2. Written in Klingon, about anything

While we are generally pretty lax on these rules, we have recently experienced a significant increase in volume of off-topic posts relating to the translation of OpenOffice.org into Klingon.  While I think this is a worthwhile endeavor (I'm a participant on the project, in fact), continued discussions about the project on this list (that are not considering specific Klingon-language issues or are not written in Klingon) are off-topic, and should not be posted.  The OOo project has established a mailing list specifically to discuss OOo Klingon translation project, which is the appropriate venue for those discussions.  For more information please visit http://www.pathtech.org/openoffice/klingon/.

Thank you.

--Holtej 'utlh, List Admin

Back to archive top level