tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 15:52:34 2004

Re: Qapbe'chu' De'wI'wIj

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Sunday 04 January 2004 11:36, Agnieszka Solska wrote:
> va! cha' Hu' QapHa'choHchu' De'wI'wIj.
> qaStaHvIS 'op jaj pagh vIlablaH.
>
> 'ISqu'

Hi Agnieszka,

I wanted to let you know that there is interest among some members of
this list in localizing a powerful free office suite called
OpenOffice.org to Klingon.  OpenOffice.org (called OOo for short) is
compatible with Microsoft Office, and you can save documents created
by OOo in Microsoft Office format, if you want.

There is a project to localize Polish to OOo, and maybe you could
volunteer with that project leader to localize Klingon and Polish at
the same time!

We are asking members of the Klingon localization project to become
paid members of the KLI, due to the fact that KLI has a license with
Paramount to use certain rights possessed by Paramount in its Star
Trek product, and because it makes sense to help the KLI financially.

The information about the Polish localization of OOo is located here,
along with the localization information for all of the other projects.

http://l10n.openoffice.org/localization_responsibilities.html

Here is the email contact for Marcin Orlowski, who is leading the
Polish localization project.

[email protected]

OOo is legally free, and not piracy, because it is an open source
project.

qoloS

Back to archive top level