tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 12:43:58 2004

Re: Possessive pronouns

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Lieven Litaer wrote:
> Correct. But I doubt Klingon is spoken *that* fast. You can hear some in
> StarTrek 5 and 6, it IS slower than a rap (in flemish, my native tongue, rap
> means fast - in english too?)

In English, "rap" is a term for a music style popularized in the 80's by
street performers (predominantly black).  It tends to be a rhyming,
"spoken word" set to a rhythm track, rather than a melodic lyrics sung to
a pitch.

It's kind of amusing that it means "fast" in Flemish.  A lot of rap is
done quickly, but not all.

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
            "This above all:  to thine own self be true"
                    -- Hamlet, Act I, Scene III

Back to archive top level