tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 05:39:59 2004

Re: Possessive pronouns

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> nuqneH Quvar;

You should know this is not a greeting like "hello". It means literally
"What do you want?"
On can use it picking up the phone.
Klingons don't say "hello", "goodbye", or "thanks". That's not being
unpolite, they just see it as a waste of time, and not necessary.
They just come and say what they want to say.

> i was not searching the net.
maj.

> i get info from this list and use the pojwI'
Good program.

> i tried the wiki and i don't understand how

I understand. It's difficult to start.
That's why I've set up the "contents" page there.
With that, a beginner can at least find *something*
/wiki/index.php?contents

But there isn't much information yet, because it's still very young.
Best way to use it is just clicking around and read what you find :-)

> to translate a song from Urdu to tlhlngan-hol. i learn a lot more through
> songs. I have learned a few languages through song. I am just doing it in

Yea, songs are good to learn a language.

> now. I have been waiting for over 2 weeks for the conversation tapes and
> figure it will be a good long while before I get the dictionary.

I wish you good luck. bIDo'jaj.

> I have been listening to that
> song translated from eminem song 'without' me to tlhlngan and i am getting
> recognize a lot of the words from sound, just from listening to it spoken,
> even if it is in song.

Yes, but it's a bit too fast to really understand, I guess.
I have done translation work, but I don't have the entire text here because
I'm not at home right now.
This is the refrain:

DaH maSuv chaq tugh maHegh
batlh maHeghmeH jagh DISuvchu'taH