tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 03 11:50:32 2004

Re: Does {teb} appear anywhere in canon?

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 12:05:18PM +0100, Lieven Litaer wrote:
> > I'm trying to determine there is any evidence as to whether the
> > subject of {teb} is the agent or the substance.
>
> The what?

In English the subject of "to fill" can be either the agent accomplishing
the filling ("The attendant filled the tank") or the substance which
constitutes the filling ("The gas filled the tank nearly to the top.").
I was asking if there was evidence as to which of these applied to {teb}.
It sounds like PK (which I am going to go pop into my cassette player now)
indicates that the subject is the agent rather than the substance.
Satlho'qu'.

-Mark

Back to archive top level