tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 04 15:11:44 2004

Re: jIwaH (Re: Testing.

In a message dated 2004-12-04 5:53:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Bah.  s/'ach/ghap/  (or is it /pagh/?  Which form is the sentence
> conjunction, I don't have the book with me and always confuse the two...)
>
> ...Paul

jIyaj.
I only remember some of them, but also enough to figure out the rest when I
need them.  {je}, {'ej}, and {pagh} are the ones I know, and the form {joq}.  I
can figure out the others, since I noticed that the initial consonant of the
noun conjunctions always precedes in the alphabet the final consonant (and for
this purpose pretending that {je} ends in {'}).  That means that {je} 'and',
{joq} 'either/or', and {ghap} 'or but not both' are the noun conjunctions,
which leaves {'ej}, {qoj}, and {pagh} as the sentence conjunctions, along with
{'ach} 'but, however'.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level